Baked Sweet Potatoes with Garlic Butter
It took we awhile to get on board with “Team Sweet Potato”. I always just affiliated them with an old fashioned side dish served at Thanksgiving. Which honestly my family never served at Thanksgiving, so I didn’t really have any experience with them.
I’ve prepared them a few different ways now and I am officially a sweet potato girl. They are pretty easy to cook and a pretty inexpensive item to keep stocked in the pantry. Plus they are pretty great nutrition wise!
- “Slow Burning” Fiber Content
- Contain almost twice as much fiber as other potatoes
- Good for your Heart Health
- Good source of Vitamin B6 and Potassium, both which play a role in heart health
- Rich in Beta-Carotene
- A powerful antioxidant that also helps protect skin from UV Rays and eye health
- Great Source of Vitamin C and E
This recipe is my current favorite way to prepare sweet potatoes. It takes some time to prepare (mainly slicing up all the sweet potatoes), but it’s so worth it! The end result is perfectly crispy sweet potatoes brushed with a delicious garlic butter sauce.
I topped mine with chopped shallots and chives…so delicious!
Are you a sweet potato fan? What’s your favorite way to prepare them?
- 3 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/2 stick butter
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 1/2 shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon chives, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees
- Peel sweet potatoes
- Using a mandolin or knife, thinly slice the sweet potatoes into rounds
- Melt butter in small sauce pot over low heat on stove
- Add whole garlic cloves to butter to infuse
- Brush melted garlic butter on bottom of baking dish
- Layer sweet potatoes in baking dish
- Brush garlic butter over layered sweet potatoes
- Sprinkle with sea salt and pepper
- Bake on middle rack in oven for 60 minutes
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with diced shallots and chives