Barefoot and Boozy Cocktail Recipe
Since summer is my favorite season, I love hanging onto it as long as humanly possible.
I ban all things fall in my house until well after Labor Day…no pumpkin anything, no fall candles, no warm and cozy blankets.
Luckily I live in Northern California, where it’s been known to hit 80 degrees on Halloween. No jacket needed for this trick-or-treater, making it easy to pretend it’s summer just a bit longer.
One of the things I love best about summer is the beach. This Barefoot and Boozy Cocktail Recipe was designed to make you feel like you were digging your toes into the warm sand in a tropical location.
Created with fresh, tropical flavors like pineapple, coconut and orange, it’s the perfect light and refreshing summer cocktail.
It’s also super simple to make, just 3 ingredients stand between you and summer in a glass.
I found this pineapple flavored coconut water recently at Trader Joe’s and found that it makes the perfect cocktail mixer. It’s light but with a great coconut and pineapple flavor without being over powering.
- 2 oranges, juiced (or ½ cup orange juice)
- 4 oz white rum
- 8 oz coconut water with pineapple juice (found at Trader Joe’s) or you can substitute 4 oz coconut water and 4 oz pineapple juice
- Optional: Fresh Pineapple for garnish
- If using fresh squeezed orange juice, juice both oranges.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice, and add orange juice, rum, and pineapple flavored coconut water. Shake all ingredients together well.
- Fill two rocks glasses with ice.
- Strain cocktail from shaker evenly into 2 glasses.
- Garnish with a fresh pineapple slice (if desired) and enjoy!
I am sharing the full recipe and directions over on SummerSalt as part of their #SummersaltHappyHour series. Be sure to check out their blog for even more cocktail ideas and super chic swimsuits!