2017 Goals – The Domestic Dietitian
Sharing my 2017 Goals for the blog!
While I’m not a big party goer on New Year’s Eve (I’ve never been a late night kinda girl), I am a fan of New Year’s Day. I like the feeling of a fresh start. I’m aware that a person could just pick any random day for a fresh start but I like the feel of a brand new year.
Each year I set some personal goals for myself instead of “resolutions”. Some have to do with my personal life/relationships while others are health related. This year was a bit different since I’m trying to be more dedicated to this bog and really creating a business.
I decided to share my business goals for 2017 here on the blog for multiple reasons:
- If you a reading this, then some of the goals for this blog involve changes you’ll see as a reader
- Sharing goals with others helps keep you accountable
- I like sharing
I started this blog in October 2015, so it’s been just a little over a year. I’m really excited about dedicating more time to this blog and really developing it into a business and brand that I’m proud of.
Goals for 2017 related to The Domestic Dietitian
- Update the layout of the blog
- Add a searchable database for recipes
- A home page that shares multiple posts with a separate page for the most current blog posts
- Meal Planning services
- Printable one-page nutrition handouts and tip sheets
- Consistently send out a newsletter to subscribers once a week
- I often leave the newsletter for the last minute or complete forget about it for weeks
- The newsletter is a great way to share more personal information with my audience
- Feel free to sign up for our weekly newsletter here!
- Share more nutrition information on the blog
- Rather than focusing so much on recipes, I want to share more nutrition and health related information to really become a resource for people looking to improve their health
- Add a series on Eating Healthy on a Budget
- One of personal goals is to cut back our weekly grocery budget by $40 each week
- I’d love to share tips and recipes on the blog that save money
- Include more Family Friendly posts
- Getting my family to eat healthier is a big part of my everyday life
- I’d love to incorporate more posts about kid’s nutrition, family friendly recipes or getting kids to be excited about eating
I’ve worked a lot on my goals and while I shared them as bullet points above, I really wrote each one into a measurable goal with a target date of implementation. I also wrote game plans on how to accomplish each goal as well as how to handle obstacle along the way. I consulted this Goal Setting Post for tips on writing goals that stick.
I’m excited for 2017 and look forward to sharing my progress as we go along. I’d love to hear if you have any goals for the New Year, share below!