Grilled Chicken Fajitas – Cookout Week
These Grilled Chicken Fajitas are made completely on the grill from start to finish. Making them the perfect entree for Cookout Week and perfect for easy, summer dinners.
My idea of the perfect summer dinner includes a meal that is entirely cooked on the grill. From start to finish, no stove or oven needed.
When I signed up to participate in #CookoutWeek, I couldn’t decide what grilling recipe to create and share.
Then I thought to myself, why not share a whole dinner’s worth of grilled recipes? So you know what, that’s exactly what I’m gonna do.
I’m starting off with the main event…Grilled Chicken Fajitas.
One of my absolute favorite dishes to serve for dinner. Especially if we have company coming over since it’s easily customizable and simple to prepare.
However, to step it up a notch, I decided to not only grill the chicken but to grill every other part of the fajita recipe. I grilled the onions, the bell peppers, the chicken, the scallions and even the tortillas.
The result – perfectly grilled chicken topped with smokey onions, slightly charred bell peppers and delicious scallions all wrapped up into a lightly grilled flatbread tortilla. Perfection!
Tips for Grilling these Chicken Fajitas
- The chicken takes the longest to cook, so I like to place it on the grill first
- You don’t want to crowd the grill, so consider grilling the vegetables in batches
- You can lightly drizzle your vegetables with olive oil before grilling, but I didn’t find it necessary
- Consider adding additional veggies for your fajitas – mushrooms, tomatoes, asparagus or even corn all taste great on the grill
Not only was the end result an amazing dish, but I didn’t have to use any pots or pans or even turn on the oven! Everything was cooked outside on the grill. Doesn’t get much better than that. Hello Summertime!
- 6 chicken thighs
- 1 onion, peeled and quartered
- 8 mini bell peppers, assorted colors
- 4 bunches green onions (scallions)
- 6 flatbreads (or tortillas)
- Slat & Pepper
- Optional: Salsa, Sour Cream and Cheese
- Light grill and allow to heat up
- Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Place chicken and grill and cook until completely cooked thru (about 15-20 min)
- While chicken is cooking, grill the other vegetables (in batches if needed), according to following time table:
- Onion - takes about 3 min on each side
- Bell Peppers - takes about 2 min on each side, rotate frequently to prevent burning
- Scallions - takes about 2 min each side
- Flatbread/Tortillas - takes only about 1 min each side
Stay tuned the rest of the week for more grilled dinner options. Check out what my fellow #CookoutWeek bloggers have come up with below…