Pasta with Shrimp and Sautéed Vegetables
Disclosure: I was not paid nor received any free product for this post. All opinions expressed are completely my own. However, I am entering into a contest with this recipe from Food & Nutrition Magazine Test Kitchen program.
Have you ever heard of pasta that is ready in less than 2 minutes?
How about an entire pasta dish that is delicious and is ready in less than 7 minutes?
No? Me neither until I learned about Barilla Ready Pasta. It’s a new line of pasta from Barilla that is already cooked but can be found on the shelf near the dry pasta in your local supermarket. It’s made with 3 simple ingredients and is ready in a mere 60 seconds.
I used the penne pasta from their Ready Pasta line to create this Pasta with Shrimp and Sautéed Vegetables. From start to finish, this dish takes less than 7 minutes to make.
It’s adapted from this Food & Nutrition Test Kitchen’s Pasta with Shrimp & Green Beans recipe. However, I swapped spinach and brussels sprouts for the green beans because 1) I don’t really care for green beans and 2) it’s what I had on hand.
Only 7 minutes stands between you and a hearty bowl of pasta topped with juicy sautéed shrimp, blistered cherry tomatoes, hearty spinach and sautéed brussels sprouts. All tossed with olive oil, garlic, and a sprinkling of freshly grated parmesan cheese.
But wait, there’s even more great news – it’s all made in a single pan.
Dinner in less than 7 minutes and only 1 pan to clean…
You are welcome. It has seriously become one of my weekly go-to favorites and a staple pantry item.
- 1 pouch Barilla Ready Pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 8-10 shrimp, peeled
- 2 handfuls spinach
- ½ cup shaved brussels sprouts
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- freshly grated parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Cook pasta according to package instructions in microwave
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds
- Add brussels sprouts and tomatoes
- Cook for 2 minutes and then add shrimp
- Cook until pink (about 1-2 min each side)
- Add spinach and give a quick stir
- Stir in pasta and remove from heat
- Portion into 2 bowls and top with freshly grated parmesan if desired
If you are looking for more great pasta recipes, these are two of my favorites!