Spinach and Tomato Egg Muffin Recipe
This Egg Muffin recipe is an easy, quick and healthy breakfast that can be made in advance and taken on the go for those hectic mornings.
Let me preface this post by saying that I am entirely aware that I am lucky that I only have to be up and out of the house by a certain time 2 days each week. Since I work from home, my schedule is pretty flexible. However, on those 2 days that I have to be at school drop off on time, breakfast gets a bit hectic.
These Spinach and Tomato Egg Muffins are the perfect healthy and delicious breakfast on the go. They only take about 15 minutes to make from start to finish. Even better, they can be made in advance on your meal prep day! No more having to choose between eating breakfast or brushing your hair as you rush out the door.
Simple & Easy
I made a big batch on Sunday and was so thankful this week to have them on hand because otherwise I would have been stuck without breakfast or grabbing something unhealthy while I was out.
Having a healthy breakfast is a great way to set your day up for success. I don’t know about you but when I don’t have some protein and healthy fats in the morning, I am starving by 9:30am! Or if I don’t have time for breakfast, I’ll usually end up grabbing a pastry at the coffee shop and then the rest of my day is a slippery slope of bad food choices from there.
This Egg Muffin recipe is completely customizable, so feel free to add veggies and toppings you like if spinach or tomatoes aren’t your thing. Finely chopped asparagus, mushrooms, bell peppers, onion, or even sausage would be great flavors to add.
Egg Muffin Recipe
- 3 Eggs
- ⅓ cup Egg Whites
- 1 cup spinach leaves, chopped
- ⅓ cup cherry tomatoes, chopped
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Spray cupcake (I used mini ones) pan with cooking spray
- Place chopped spinach leaves in bottom of each cupcake mold in pan
- In small bowl, whisk together the eggs and egg whites
- Pour egg mixture into each cupcake mold on pan, filling about ⅔ way full
- Top each with chopped tomatoes
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes, until egg has set
- Allow to cool
- Can be stored in covered container in fridge for up to 4 days
- To reheat, simply cook in microwave for about 30 seconds
Pin for Later –>
Looking for even more healthy breakfast options that can be taken on the go?