Tuscan Arugula Salad – Refreshing Summer Salad
This simple, 4 ingredient Tuscan Arugula Salad was one of my favorite dishes we had in Italy this summer. It’s light, refreshing and a delicious simple salad.
The hubby and I were lucky enough to visit Tuscany last month for a week while the kids stayed at home with grandma. It was a wonderful trip with lots of relaxation, wine and delicious food.
Since returning, I’ve been trying to make some of the dishes we had at home and this Tuscan Arugula Salad has become our favorite.
It’s so simple to make, just 4 ingredients but the flavors are amazing together. It’s light and refreshing but hearty enough to accompany dinner or stand alone as a light lunch.
I loved that the lemon slices were part of the salad…as in you actually eat them. The secret is to cut the lemon slices as thinly as you possibly can.
The Perfect Italian Meal –
The salad is simply dressed with olive oil, salt and fresh pepper. Serve with a nice glass of wine and enjoy. We served this one night with this Wild Mushroom Tuscan Risotto from Wanderspice and it was the perfect meal! Cap off the entire meal with this Coconut Caramel Affogato and you’ll feel just like you are in a tiny cafe in Italy.
- 4 cups arugula
- 3-4 slices proscuitto, torn into pieces
- ¼ cup freshly shaved/grated parmesan cheese
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced and cut into small triangles
- Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Place the arugula in a large bowl or serving platter
- Top with proscuitto, parmesan cheese and lemon slices
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle lightly with salt and freshly ground pepper