Sparkling Pear Martini
This Sparkling Pear Martini is a lighter version of a similar cocktail but still fun, festive and full of great flavors.
I just love a fun, festive cocktail.
I’m typically a red wine drinker, but when I’m out on a date with the hubby or out for a special dinner with friends, I just love ordering a restaurant’s “specialty” cocktail.
The trouble with specialty cocktails is that they are usually only served at that one, specific spot. Making it hard to find at other restaurants and even harder to find the recipe.
We recently went to a really nice dinner with friends and we had the most delicious cocktail. I took a picture of the drink’s description on the menu so I could try and replicate it at home. However, the ingredient list was long and had a bunch of different sugars/sweeteners in it.
So when I found out The Recipe Redux‘s theme this month was to recreate a recipe to make it a bit healthier for 2018, I jumped at the chance to create my own version of this delicious cocktail – a Sparkling Pear Martini.
The original ingredient list called for pear flavored vodka, pear nectar, fresh lemon juice, honey, simple syrup, and champagne. That’s 6 different ingredients for one cocktail…too many for me.
How I Lightened up the Sparkling Pear Martini
- Kept the pear vodka as is
- In place of pear nectar, I simply pureed a fresh pear
- Left out the simple syrup since the pear puree and pear vodka are pretty sweet
- Added 1/2 an ounce of fresh lemon juice instead of a full ounce
- Left out he honey since the fresh pear puree added a nice thickness
- Used just a float of champagne to add a little bubble
The result is pretty darn close to the original but much less added sweeteners and a few less ingredients. Cheers to that!
I hope everyone has a great holiday and is excited to ring in 2018!
- 1 ounce Pear flavored Vodka
- 1 ounce fresh pear puree
- ½ ounce fresh lemon juice
- ½ - 1 ounce champagne
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice
- Add vodka, pear puree, and lemon juice to shaker
- Place on top and shake until well mixed (about 20 shakes)
- Strain and pour into martini glass
- Top with champagne
- Optional - Add fresh pear slice for garnish
- **Note - to make fresh pear puree, simply peel and core a pear, add to a high powered blender or food processor and puree until smooth
Check out the recipes that my fellow Recipe Redux friends put their healthy spin on below…
Pin for later…