Spicy Mushroom Spinach Frittata
This Spicy Mushroom Spinach Frittata recipe featuring Raw Spice Bar is the perfect brunch recipe!
Disclosure -I received free samples from Raw Spice Bar however I was not compensated and all opinions expressed are fully mine.
Whoever invented Brunch should be given a nobel prize. It’s honestly the best idea ever. A late weekend breakfast that includes foods of all kinds, including cocktails. What’s not to love!
I love hosting brunch at my house. I used to get very stressed when hosting meals. I’d make way too much food and often very complicated dishes that had me cooking the whole time instead of socializing and eating.
Then I stumbled upon the genius that is the frittata. Similar to a quiche but without cream or crust. Lighter and less steps – how’s that for easy! One of the best parts is that you can make it ahead of time and serve it room temperature. Allowing you time to eat, drink and mingle at your own damn event! #Winning
I recently received a complimentary sample of freshly ground spices from Raw Spice Bar. Included in my variety was a spice blend called Indo-French Vadouvan. It sounded so fancy that I was intimidated. However, it included two handy recipes, showing you how to use the spice. Once I saw that it paired well with eggs, I knew I wanted to incorporate it into a brunch-worthy frittata.
Spicy Mushroom Spinach Frittata Recipe
I chose a Mushroom Spinach frittata because I always seem to have those ingredients on hand. The beauty of a frittata is you can customize it to your liking. Adding any vegetables, sausage, chicken, cheese, etc. Endless possibilities.
I kicked my frittata up a bit by adding yellow curry powder. It paired so well with the Raw Spice Bar blend and really gave the frittata a great flavor and color with a little bit of heat.
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1.5 cups sliced mushrooms (crimini or white)
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- 1 packet Indo-French Vadouvan spice blend from Raw Spice Bar
- 1 Tbsp yellow curry powder
- 2-3 cups spinach leaves
- 8 Eggs
- Fresh Parmesan Cheese - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- In a large, nonstick, oven safe pan, heat olive oil over medium-high heat
- Add the mushrooms and onion, cook until soft. About 5-8 minutes
- Add the spinach and allow to wilt slightly. About 2 minutes
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl. Add the spice blend and curry and whisk together.
- Transfer the contents of the pan to the egg mixture
- Stir to mix everything together
- Lightly season with salt and pepper
- Pour egg mixture contents back into pan and top with fresh parmesan cheese
- Place entire pan in the oven until eggs are set. About 10 minutes
- Tip: To remove frittata from pan, allow to cool slightly. Then place a large plate over the top of the pan, flip pan and over and frittata comes out onto pan.