Jalapeño Lime Coleslaw #RecipeMakeover
Notice: Undefined index: pagesize in /home1/danmcdow/public_html/domesticdietitian/wp-content/plugins/inlinkz-scripter/InLinkz_scripter.php on line 43
Notice: Undefined index: noentry in /home1/danmcdow/public_html/domesticdietitian/wp-content/plugins/inlinkz-scripter/InLinkz_scripter.php on line 48
This light and fresh Jalapeño Lime Coleslaw is the perfect healthy side dish for your upcoming summer BBQ’s.
As I shared in my post from earlier this week, I’ve joined a great group of bloggers participating in #RecipeMakeover Week. The goal for all of us is the same, share healthier versions of some of our favorite recipes. For me, I decided to focus on BBQ related recipes in an effort to get ready for summer!
I kicked it off yesterday with a Healthier Creamy Potato Salad recipe, because what is a BBQ without potato salad?
Today, I decided to share this Jalapeño Lime Coleslaw recipe that has become a favorite at our house.
It’s not your typical coleslaw because it isn’t creamy. There isn’t any mayo, yogurt or creamy dressing in this recipe. Instead, it’s completely flavored with lime juice, jalapeños, olive oil and a little bit of vinegar. It’s not heavy or full of extra calories, sugar or fat; making it perfect for summer meals!
Jalapeño Lime Coleslaw – Serving Suggestions
This coleslaw can be served a number of ways and pairs well with so many dishes.
- Serve as a side dish, stands up on it’s own!
- Add on top of grilled salmon, pork or chicken
- Serve on top of a grilled and/or fried chicken sandwich
- Adds a great flavor to sliders
Jalapeño Lime Coleslaw – Recipe
This coleslaw is so light, refreshing and simple to make! It can easily be in advanced and even tastes better (and more spicy) on the second day!
- 12 oz broccoli/carrot slaw (or cabbage coleslaw mix if you prefer)
- 1-2 jalapeños, thinly sliced (seeds removed unless you want it to be spicy)
- ½ purple onion, thinly sliced into rings
- ½ cup cilantro, rough chop
- ⅓ cup lime juice, fresh squeezed
- 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place slaw in a large mixing bowl
- Add sliced jalapeños (more or less depending on how spicy you want it), add onion, and cilantro
- In a seperate small bowl, whisk together lime juice, sugar, olive oil and salt & pepper
- Pour dressing over slaw mixture and combine well
- Place in fridge for at least 1 hour before serving
Pin for Later –
Check out what my fellow #RecipeMakeover friends are sharing today…