Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
Warm popcorn drizzled with rosemary & peppercorn olive oil and topped with freshly shaved parmesan. Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn is the perfect healthy snack.
There is nothing better on a chilly winter evening than curling up under a thick blanket to watch a movie with a glass of wine and a little snack.
Popcorn has always been my movie snack of choice. It smells delicious and is easy to eat while sitting on the couch. No silverware or plates needed.
I wanted to take normal popcorn and elevate it into a better and more elegant snack. While I will always love butter flavored popcorn, it isn’t very healthy. But I find regular air popped popcorn is pretty plain. After experimenting with various flavors, I came up with this Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn. It is so good! Deliciously flavored with olive oil infused with rosemary and topped with tangy parmesan cheese, it makes the perfect snack.
The key is using just a little bit of rosemary, otherwise it overpowers the popcorn and you can’t taste the parmesan as well. I poured my olive oil, rosemary and parmesan on while the popcorn was still warm, which slightly melted the parmesan and turned it into a cozy and toasted snack.
This Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn would make a great snack to accompany a wine & cheese night, movie night, girls night in, or even a great gift to give others. You could put it in a little clear jar and or clear bag and tie it up with a cute. The perfect DIY edible gift.
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup popcorn kernels
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh cracked black pepper
- ¼ cup freshly grated/shaved parmesan cheese
- Mix olive oil, rosemary and pepper into a small bowl
- Heat canola oil in a large pot over the stove on medium-high heat
- Put a couple popcorn kernels into oil, if they pop the oil is ready
- Add the popcorn kernels to the pot. Cover with lid. Gently move pan back and forth over burner until popcorn starts to pop.
- Slightly vent the lid (do not remove or popcorn will be everywhere) to allow steam to escape
- When popcorn is finished popping, remove from heat
- Pour popcorn into a large bowl
- Drizzle olive oil mixture over warm popcorn
- Top with freshly shaved parmesan cheese