Spicy Grilled Shrimp Kebobs
These Spicy Grilled Shrimp Kebobs are a simple, healthy addition to any meal. Simple ingredients and quick grilling make them perfect for weeknight or weekend cooking.
Confession time – I used to hate cooking shrimp because I was too lazy to have to individually turn them over in the pan.
Then I discovered that if you put them on a wooden stick life is so much simpler! No more individually turning each little shrimpy, just flip the whole kebob over and call it a day.
These Spicy Grilled Shrimp Kebobs are so full of flavor and pack a bit of a spicy kick. The key is to let them marinade for awhile before grilling them up to allow the flavors to soak into the fish.
Shrimp can also make a wonderful addition to any meal and lifestyle because they are quite healthy.
I used frozen, raw shrimp with the tails still on because I find that they hold up better. Simply defrost the shrimp before use (in the fridge or in a pinch under cold, running water) and then let them sit in the marinade for 30 minutes to up to 4 hours. Once they are all skewered up, they only take about 2 minutes on each side to grill to perfection.
They make the perfect meal when served with this Cauliflower Rice Tabbouleh. The simple flavors of the tabbouleh help cut back the spice a bit and it’s really a filling meal when served together.
- 20 shrimp (I used raw, peeled but tail on frozen shrimp that I thawed)
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp minced garlic (about 3 cloves)
- 1 tbsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- wooden/metal skewers
- If shrimp are frozen, thaw under refrigeration before using
- Place shrimp in a large sealable bag or baking dish
- Combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, ginger, paprika, cayenne, and red pepper flakes in jar or bowl and mix until well combined
- Pour over shrimp and allow to marinade to at least 30 minutes (can be marinated for up to 4 hours)
- After marinading, thread shrimp onto skewers and allow grill to get hot
- Once hot, place shrimp skewers on grill for about 2 minutes on each side (until shrimp turn pink)
- Remove from heat and serve