Coconut Blueberry Crisp Recipe
This Coconut Blueberry Crisp is the perfect recipe to welcome fall. Simple, delicious and a healthy dessert to kick off the season of celebrations.
Disclosure: I received free samples of SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Blend mentioned in this post. By posting this recipe I am entering a recipe contest sponsored by SPLENDA® Sweeteners and am eligible to win prizes associated with the contest. I was not compensated for my time.
I’m slowly getting my mind ready to transition into fall. I’m burning up the last of the summer-scented candles and making room for cable-knit sweaters in my closet.
In my family, it seems like there is a birthday or celebration every week starting in October and continuing through December. Between all the birthdays and holiday events, our weekends become non-stop cake and dessert celebrations.
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good birthday cake and am never one to decline the dessert menu at a dinner party. However, all the sweets and treats can get overwhelming and throw a wrench into anyone’s healthy lifestyle.
Coconut Blueberry Crisp
That’s why I was excited to partner with SPLENDA and create this Coconut Blueberry Crisp for this month’s Recipe Redux contest. Their new SPLENDA® Naturals Sugar & Stevia Blend is made from only 2 non-GMO ingredients: stevia & cane sugar. To them, natural means using non-GMO ingredients that have minimal processing to ensure quality, consistency, safety and great taste, without added artificial flavors, colors, or ingredients.
- No articial ingredients or added flavors, which means you know what you are getting!
- It’s great tasting, with 50% fewer calories than sugar. Making it perfect for using anywhere you would normally use sugar.
- It leaves no bitter aftertaste, which means you can use it in desserts, beverages, appetizers, and savory dishes. So versatile!
- Just 1/2 tsp gives you the same amount of sweetness as 1 tsp of traditional sugar
This Coconut Blueberry Crisp is the perfect transition-into-fall-dish! Using late season blueberries still gives it a summer-time feel. But as the seasons change, you could change the blueberries to pears, apples or peaches!
Since it uses way less sugar than a traditional crisp, it makes a great healthier dessert idea for celebrations or even as an indulgent weekend breakfast idea!
It’s so simple to make and just 30 minutes stands between you and a delicious serving of warm coconut blueberry crisp (topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if you are so inclined. which i always am)
What’s your favorite fall recipe?
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- ½ cup shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- ¼ cup almond meal
- ⅓ cup
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- Optional: vanilla ice cream or greek yogurt for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray 9x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray
- Place blueberries in bottom of baking dish
- Pour lemon juice over blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine oats, coconut, almond meal, sweetener, cinnamon, and nutmeg
- Add melted butter to bowl and stir to combine ingredients well
- Place topping mixture over blueberries in baking dish
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until topping is deep golden brown
- Remove from oven and allow to cook slightly before serving.
- Garnish with ice cream or yogurt if desired